Roberts & Eddy, P.C., a law firm located in Independence, Iowa, is seeking an additional full-time Legal Assistant to join our growing team. If you are a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable dealing with the public and direct management, a professional with good communication skills – both verbal and written, and your background includes general office support and strong computer skills, we invite you to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for Legal Assistant
- Assist with answering and directing incoming calls.
- Assist with scheduling appointments and utilizing other office support software.
- Prepare and type correspondence for attorneys.
- Assist with organization of records and files.
- Assist with a variety of office management tasks.
Requirements for Legal Assistant:
- Positive attitude and desire to be part of a team environment.
- Prior general office experience and bookkeeping experience a plus.
- Professional demeanor and attire.
- Fluent in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills (such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, e-mail and Internet).
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Good work ethic with emphasis on detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to balance a variety of responsibilities and projects at once.
- Ability to meet the demands of supporting the practice as well as good rapport with clients.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience
Required: No Requirements
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. This position could
include a very wide variety of tasks and functions.
Roberts & Eddy is an equal opportunity employer.