Roberts & Eddy, P.C., a law firm located in Independence, Iowa, with four attorneys and five legal assistants, is seeking a full-time Receptionist / Legal Assistant to join our growing team. If you are a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable dealing with the public and direct management, a professional with good communication skills – both verbal and written, and your background includes general office support and strong computer skills, we invite you to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for Receptionist / Legal Assistant:
- Greet clients, direct incoming calls and handle scheduling.
- Handling a daily errand run to the courthouse, post office and other offices.
- Prepare and type correspondence for attorneys.
- Assist with e-filing documents with the court system.
- Assist with organization of records and files.
- Assist with a variety of office management tasks.
Requirements for Receptionist / Legal Assistant:
- Very pleasant and outgoing personality for welcoming clients and while answering incoming calls.
- Good work ethic with emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Positive attitude and desire to be part of a team environment.
- Professional demeanor and attire.
- Fluent in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills (such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, e-mail and Internet).
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to balance a variety of responsibilities and projects at once.
- Ability to meet the demands of supporting the practice as well as good rapport with clients.
- Prior general office experience a plus.
Required: High School Diploma.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. This position could include a very wide variety of tasks and functions.
Salary range is $25,000 to $30,000, depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer a 401(k) Plan, Paid Time Off, Group Health Insurance with a $200 / month stipend, access to supplemental insurance, such as short-term disability, vision and dental.
Roberts & Eddy, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.