Roberts & Eddy, P.C., a law firm located in Independence, Iowa, with four attorneys and seven legal assistants, is seeking an additional full-time associate attorney to join our growing team. If you are a highly motivated, self-starter with strong communication skills – both verbal and written, we invite you to apply for this position.
- Assist with a variety of legal projects for clients in the fields of real estate, estate planning, probate, litigation, family law, taxation and business law
- Desire to assist with litigation related matters and attend court hearings
- Assist with research and writing legal documents
- Communicate with clients and other attorneys
- Demonstrated professional and confident communication style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to operate in a confidential, fast-paced environment
- Strong research and writing skills
- Good work ethic with emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to balance a variety of responsibilities and projects at once
- At least 1 + year of prior experience as an attorney preferred, but not required
- Must have passed the Iowa bar exam and be licensed to practice law in Iowa
Required: Juris Doctorate Degree
Required: Licensed to practice law in the State of Iowa
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. This position could include a very wide variety of tasks and functions.
We offer a 401(k) Plan, Group Health Insurance with a portion covered by the Firm, access to supplemental insurance, such as short-term disability, vision and dental. Wage is commensurate with experience.
Roberts & Eddy is an equal opportunity employer.