Roberts & Eddy, P.C., a law firm located in Independence, Iowa, with five attorneys and 11 legal assistants / support staff, is seeking an additional full-time Bookkeeper to join our team to assist our growing Client Tax and Bookkeeping Services. If you are a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable dealing with the public and direct management, a professional with good communication skills – both verbal and written, and your background includes general office support, payroll and strong computer skills, we invite you to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for Bookkeeper to assist our bookkeeping clients:
- Payroll processing and payroll tax reporting
- Sales tax payments and reporting
- Perform entry level bookkeeping that would include data entry, posting general journal entries, and bank reconciliations
- Financial statement generation for clients (Balance sheets, Profit & Loss reports)
- Prepare Year-End payroll tax reporting and 1099’s; and tax preparation for bookkeeping clients
- Assist with preparation of tax returns
If you’re interested in joining our firm, please email a cover letter, your resume and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Bookkeeper:
- 1+ years of payroll software experience / payroll processing
- 2+ years of bookkeeping / accounting experience
- Must have prior general office experience
- Good work ethic with emphasis on detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Positive attitude and desire to be part of a team environment
- Professional demeanor and attire
- Fluent in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills (such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, e-mail and Internet).
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to have a good rapport with clients.
Required: High School Diploma. Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience.
Required: No Requirements
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. This position could include a very wide variety of tasks and functions. Base starting salary will range from $32,500 to $37,500, depending on experience.
We offer a 401(k) Plan, Paid Time Off, Group Health Insurance with a portion covered by the Firm, access to supplemental insurance, such as short-term disability, vision and dental.
Roberts & Eddy, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.